The Public Foundation “Legal Policy Research Centre” (LPRC) actively promotes the important mission of fighting for equality and respect for diversity in Kazakhstan. The organization’s goal is to raise awareness among the public about the prohibition, prevention, and response to various forms of discrimination and to strengthen intolerance towards all manifestations of discrimination in society.
As part of its project “Promoting the Anti-Discrimination Agenda, in Kazakhstan” LPRC has already achieved significant successes. The main aim of this project is to inform and educate the public on issues of non-discrimination through traditional media and social media. We aspire to make discrimination unacceptable while emphasizing equality as an indisputable value.
In September and October, LPRC published several crucial articles in the media, addressing pertinent issues:
- “Too Young or Too Old: What to Do About Workplace Discrimination” https://www.zakon.kz/stati/6406022-slishkom-molod-ili-slishkom-star-chto-delat-s-diskriminatsiey-na-rynke-truda.html
- “The Discrimination Pregnant Women Face in Kazakhstan”https://masa.media/ru/site/s-kakoy-diskriminatsiey-v-kazakhstane-stalkivayutsya-beremennye-zhenshchiny
- “From Sexism to Homicide: How Women in Kazakhstan Experience Discrimination” https://lprc.kz/ru/bez-rubriki/ot-seksizma-do-ubijstv-kak-zhenshhiny-kazahstana-podvergayutsya-diskriminaczii/
- “Discrimination in decision making in housholds Faced by Women in Kazakhstan” https://manshuq.com/life-family-discrimination-10-2023
- “Childhood Autism in Kazakhstan: Obstacles on the Path to an Inclusive Society”https://factcheck.kz/mneniya/detskiy-autizm-v-kazahstane-prepyatstviya-na-puti-k-inklyuzivnomu-obschestvu/?fbclid=IwAR2uSEaG-V1hSX-Ujbe8VcB_hAVqjGjKdEHWd8nvkqrY4cPtsPs5K4X17tQ
- “We need a separate anti-discrimination law”: Where to complain about discrimination at work https://halyq-uni.kz/saraptama/26088-kemsituge-tyiym-salatyn-zheke-zan-kerek-zhumysta-diskriminatsiiaga-ushyraganda-kaida-shagymdanu-kazhet/?fbclid=IwAR1gtH-ThVXhfX-MOIN7Fhn9ffst4iKtP1gBH9vTbEjn7fsrkB4arQQ11_8
These articles have become an integral part of our efforts to combat discrimination and increase awareness in society. We hope they have drawn attention and contributed to discussions on the importance of non-discrimination and equality in Kazakhstan.
Our organization will continue its work, dedicated to the betterment of society and the creation of a more just and inclusive future for all people in Kazakhstan. We invite everyone interested to join our movement and make their contribution to the fight for equality and against discrimination.
This publication is prepared as part of the project “Promoting the anti-discrimination agenda in Kazakhstan through an advocacy campaign and training for journalists, bloggers, human rights activists and lawyers”, implemented by the Public Foundation Legal Policy Research Center (LPRC), supported by the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI).