Dear defense lawyers and defenders of the non-governmental sector!
We invite you to participate in a set of online trainings for lawyers to develop effective skills for the protection of persons detained during peaceful assemblies from October 24 to November 7.
The trainers will be leading Kazakhstani lawyers and human rights defenders as: Zhan Kunserkin, Elvira Bokhanova, Zhanara Balgabayeva, Amanzhol Mukhamedyarov, Inara Masanova and Tatiana Chernobil.
As part of the training, you will receive a full range of knowledge and practical skills on the strategy for protecting persons detained during peaceful assemblies:
1) New legislation regulating the organization and conduct of peaceful assemblies and practices;
2) Features of detention of participants in peaceful assemblies. Tactical actions of the defender;
3) Features of administrative proceedings in cases related to peaceful assemblies;
4) Appeal against court decisions and actions of administrative prosecution bodies in cases related to peaceful assemblies;
5) Mass media and peaceful assemblies. Features of protection of media representatives and their rights in connection with coverage of peaceful assemblies.
The training session will end on November 7 with a large-scale Case forum, where lawyers will share their practical experience, tactics and strategies for protecting people detained during peaceful assemblies.
Participation in professional development is free of charge! The training will be held in Russian and Kazakh!
The number of seats is limited! There will be no recording of the training!
Upon completion of the training participants will receive certificates. The total number of training hours is an astronomical 17 hours.
Register for participation by following the link
The training is organized by “Legal Policy Research Center” (LPRC) with the financial support of the Soros Foundation-Kazakhstan